This section summarises substantial substantive changes between Public Working Drafts, as a guide for general review.
Full details of all changes since 12 January 2016 are available from the commit log of the w3c/html github repository, including various editorial and linking fixes.
Changes since the HTML 5.3 Second Public Working Draft
- Add the
- Substantive change for custom elements.
- Add the
:definedpsuedo-class selector definition
- Substantive change for custom elements. This is at risk with only one known implementation
- Add autonomous custom elements
- Substantive change, implemented in Firefox, Blink, Webkit
- Includes the
HTMLConstructorextended IDL attributes, defining custom elements, and upgrades
- Add customized built-in elements
- Substantive change, implemented in Blink, Firefox(?)
isattribute, extending existing HTML elements
revcontent attribute reflect the IDL attribute, define the
- Substantive change to fix #issue 1151 that helps match reality.
- Remove monkey-patch 2.9.10 for FileAPI
- FileAPI is better defined in FileApi spec. Fixed issue 1217
- Focusing the dialog instead of the first focusable element if there are no autofocus elements
- Substantive change. Fixes issue 773. Potentially at risk. Clarify that the DOCTYPE is ignored, if present, for srcdoc
- Clarification, match reality.
customElementsIDL attribute to the
- Fixes #1274. Substantive change matching new implementation of Custom Elements in Blink / Gecko.
- Other Pragma Directives removed.
- Change to match reality. Fixed issue 1212
- Caption end tag can be ommitted.
- Substantive change to match reality. Fixed issue 1158
- Add Windows Clipboard Format for the media-type registrations of HTML
- Mandate UTF-8
- Substantive change to match reality. UTF-8 is now mandatory for all new pages. Fixed issue 1039
- Add MacOSX Uniform Type Identifier for the media-type registrations of HTML
captureattribute to the allowed attributes for the
- Adds autofill warning
- Editorial: Adds warning that UA should verify visibility of forms with the
autocompleteattribute in the autofill expectation mantle. Fixed issue 1285
Changes between the HTML 5.3 Second Public Working Draft and the HTML 5.3 First Public Working Draft
- Add missing
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 987
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 278
- Allow fully internationalised email addresses in the
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 845
- Specify allowable context types for
canvasin the HTML spec. Include [webgl-2] as a specified type.
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 1118
- Fix discrepancies between HTML and ARIA in HTML specs
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 894
- Don’t require XML srcdoc in XHTML
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 890
- Removing magic alignment for
- Removed due to lack of implementation. Fixed issue 1108
- nonce now uses the [[CryptographicNonce]]
noncecontent attribute to avoid leaking it.
- Removed section on
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 1104
- Fixed issue 1047
- Cleaned up the Fetch sections to apply the cryptographic nonce metadata,
integrityattribute from [SRI]
- Fixed issue 198
Changes between the HTML 5.3 First Public Working Draft and HTML 5.2
document.domainsetter, adding concept of "is a registrable domain suffix of or is equal to"
- Fixed Issue 769
- Adds the
- Fixed Issue #369
- add the
allowusermediaattribute to iframe
- Fixed Issue 778
- Update the
preloadLink type and add the
- Fixed Issue 1044
- Add the
- Fixed Issue 208