Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group
First face-to-face meeting
19-20 February 2018
Barchman Wuytierslaan 10
3818 LH, Amersfoort
The meeting is hosted by Geonovum.
The location is right across from the central railway station in Amersfoort. There are direct trains between Schiphol airport and Amersfoort every 30 minutes (xx:06 and xx:36, usually from platform 3).
See also the train timetable.
The Hotel NH Amersfoort, 5 minutes walk from Geonovum's office, the railway station and the city center.
The Berghotel Amersfoort, further away from the railway station and city center.
Smaller (and possibly cheaper) hotels in the city center, approximatively 10-15 minutes walk from Genovum's office.
Please register for the F2F before 9 February 2018.
IG participants may join the meeting remotely. See the WebEx info for the face-to-face for details. If you cannot access this page and would like to join, you may ping people on the
#sdw channel on IRC during the face-to-face meeting.
(All times are in CET)
Monday, February 19
- 08:30 - Geonovum offices open
- 08:30 - 12:00: Meeting space (and coffee) provided for side-meetings and working discussions
- 12:00 - 13:00: lunch (provided)
- 13:00 - 13:10: Opening of SDW IG F2F (agree agenda & other logistics) [Linda van den Brink]
- 13:10 - 14:45: SDW Best Practice [Michael Gordon]
- 14:45 - 15:00: Coffee break
- 15:00 - 17:00: Purpose and operation of SDW IG [Jeremy Tandy, Linda van deb Brink and François Daoust]
- Purpose of Interest Group (steering group, triage, incubation)
- Priorities & roadmaps (where does geo fit with other topics; e.g. entertainment, mobile devices etc.)
- Community engagement (what do we need, is anyone missing?)
- Triage process & readiness of concepts for standardisation (0 "just an idea" to 5 "ready for transition to standards track")
- Establishing a new standards activity: deciding where (OGC, W3C or both) and creating a new working group (required information & how to write a charter)
- Evening - dinner (to be organised)
Tuesday, February 20
- 08:00 - 09:00: SSN issues [Armin Haller]
- 09:00 - 11:30: Statistics Best Practice (including coffee break) [Bill Roberts]
- 11:30 - 12:00: overspill time - allocated as needed
- 12:00 - 13:00 lunch (provided)
- 13:00 - 16:00: Topic Triage
For each topic, aim to assess technical status, level of community interest and likely contribution to standards development activity, timescales, fit with W3C and/or OGC
Anticipated outcome: determine if ready to proceed to standards track (in which case, develop an outline charter) or whether further incubation is required and where that activity should occur
- 13:00 - 13:20: Recap on 'purpose and operation of SDW IG' (from Monday afternoon) [Jeremy Tandy]
- 13:20 - 14:00: Video geotagging [Rob Smith]
- 14:00 - 14:40: CityJSON [Hugo Ledoux]
- 14:40 - 15:20: MapML [Peter Rushforth]
- 15:20 - 15:50: Informal exchange of ideas on other topics [discussion]
- 15:50 - 16:00: Meeting closure (inc. summary of actions and next steps) [Linda van den Brink]