This section summarises substantial substantive changes between Public Working Drafts, as a guide for general review.
Full details of all changes since 12 January 2016 are available from the commit log of the w3c/html github repository, including various editorial and linking fixes.
Changes since the HTML 5.3 Second Public Working Draft
- Other Pragma Directives removed.
- Change to match reality. Fixed issue 1212
- Caption end tag can be ommitted.
- Substantive change to match reality. Fixed issue 1158
Changes between the HTML 5.3 Second Public Working Draft and the HTML 5.3 First Public Working Draft
- Add missing
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 987
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 278
- Allow fully internationalised email addresses in the
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 845
- Specify allowable context types for
canvasin the HTML spec. Include [webgl-2] as a specified type.
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 1118
- Fix discrepancies between HTML and ARIA in HTML specs
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 894
- Don’t require XML srcdoc in XHTML
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 890
- Removing magic alignment for
- Removed due to lack of implementation. Fixed issue 1108
- nonce now uses the [[CryptographicNonce]]
- Removed section on
- Substantive change. Fixed issue 1104
- Fixed issue 1047
- Cleaned up the Fetch sections to apply the cryptographic nonce metadata,
integrityattribute from [SRI]
- Fixed issue 198
Changes between the HTML 5.3 First Public Working Draft and HTML 5.2
document.domainsetter, adding concept of "is a registrable domain suffix of or is equal to"
- Fixed Issue 769
- Adds the
- Fixed Issue #369
- add the
allowusermediaattribute to iframe
- Fixed Issue 778
- Update the
preloadLink type and add the
- Fixed Issue 1044
- Add the
- Fixed Issue 208