Web Editing Working Group
Welcome to the GitHub repository of the Web Editing Working Group
(formerly Editing Task Force of the Web Apps Working Group). Its
mission is to gather and incubate emerging ideas as they pertain
to rich text editor development.
Details can be found in the Web Editing Working Group Charter.
Actively developed ideas/specs
Participation from ALL who are passionate about writing text editors on the web
or have a question/suggestion on the topic is welcomed!
There are couple of things you should know before you proceed.
In accordance with W3C contribution requirements, if you intend to create PRs
and/or spend a significant amount of time on these discussions, you should
join the Working Group and
follow our Web Editing WG contribution guidance.
The group continues to use the legacy
firstname.lastname@example.org for archived
email communications. View the archive
The Editing Working Group meets remotely at 8:00AM PST / 4:00PM UTC (3:00PM UTC during DST March 13th - November 6th, 2022), on the second Thursday of every month. Meetings will cover issues marked with the “Agenda+” label. If you would like to discuss an existing issue, please tag it with “Agenda+” label so it can show up in the agenda query. If it is a new issue, please create and tag it with “Agenda+” label.
Jitsi video conference call link
The upcoming schedule is below:
- October 13, 2022
- November 10, 2022
- December 8, 2022
- January 12, 2023
Past meetings linked to their minutes:
- September 15, 2022 (part of TPAC Meetings–Vancouver BC, Canada;)
- August 11, 2022
- July 14, 2022
- June 9, 2022
- May 12, 2022
- April 14, 2022
- March 10, 2022
- February 10, 2022
- January 27, 2022 (special meeting for continuing discussion on sanitized/unsanitized clipboard content)
- January 14, 2022
* [December 10, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/12/10-editing-irc)
* [November 12, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/11/12-editing-minutes.html)
* [October 29, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/10/29-editing-minutes.html) ([Confirmed TPAC group meeting](https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2021/GroupMeetings#WG.2FIG.2FBG_Group_Meetings_details))
* [October 15, 2021](/editing/docs/meetings/2021-10-15.html) (special meeting to continue discussion on [clipboard pickling](https://github.com/w3c/editing/issues/334))
* [October 8, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/10/08-editing-minutes.html)
* [September 24, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/09/24-editing-minutes.html) (proposed special meeting to continue progress on clipboard pickling/formats)
* [September 10, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/09/10-editing-minutes.html)
* [August 13, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/08/13-editing-minutes.html)
* [July 9, 2021](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-editing-tf/2021Jul/0000.html)
* [May 14, 2021](https://www.w3.org/2021/05/14-editing-minutes.html)
Proposals that resulted in being sent to the appropriate WG as a recommendation to be specced.↩
Proposals that we haven’t gotten to discussing yet.↩
Anything that have been discussed but the proposal got rejected for some reason. Or any other doc that is no longer relevant.↩