Well-deployed and/or fully specified technologies
- Selectors and States may provide the basis for a possible replacement of EPUBCFI, i.e., providing a richer way to address and select portions of (HTML) content. Note that this work is based on the Web Annotation Model Recommendation.
- The lifecyle of a WP may depend on, or rely on, features defined through the concept of Browsing Contexts.
- Subresource Integrity may be used when controlling and adding information concerning the integrity of a full Web Publication.
Specifications in progress
- Web Application Manifest could serve as the basis for the serialization of Web Publications Informations Sets.
- Web Publications may contain a large number of resources; as an optimization step user agents may rely on various prefetch strategies to load those content if the right information is provided by the Web Publication itself. Such optimizations may rely on the Resource Hints specification.
- User Agents for Web Publications may have to propose some extensions to HTML (e.g., additional attributes for accessibility). The HTML Extension Specifications provides a good starting point for the roadmap to such extensions.
- Service Workers may become the basis for the implementation of Browser based Web Publication User agents in providing offline use.
- Content Security Policy is another resource that may be used when controlling and adding information concerning the integrity of a full Web Publication.